Ancient Brotherhood of Life

I can feel the warmth of the orange Sun in my heart 
and see it mirrored in the sky
I can hear the sound of the salty sea 
and even taste it on my breath
the waves rolling in endlessly
to wash away the sluggishness of me
I can see the stone glistening and
feel the sand beneath my feet
I can touch the wind with my skin and let it lift me
till I glide through the universe 
marveling at it's capacity
I can feel the ancient brotherhood
of Life calling me

I sit in a circle with life’s generosity
with my head bowed as sadness prevails
the small light in the middle so fragile and dim
my friends slowly moving in across the rim
here together we join our company again
The fox’s red eyes so tender and mild
reveals its tears of an outcast living in fear
The hares ears still attentive and strong 
has heard to many stories of those who been wronged
The beautiful birds all tremble in grief
no song, no more gives any relief
The beautiful bear, barely visible here
its strength all but gone, ashamed of its fear
No one is keen to really be seen
in this little dim light
the sorrows to deep, leaving all in retreat
So here we sit together, trying to warm a little
but it is in disbelief
that our hearts meet

A silent song emerges to help us along
Its beautiful tone I try and keep
as it comes from the dark with the light we seek
to lift us once more into truth,
just a little home 
a shelter where we may lick our wounds 
and tend to our broken bones
My friends giving into this little bit of Love
curling up by the fire to rest at ease
blessed for each other, at least will be
No prayer is left in us
but our brave hearts still beat
maybe the song 
can keep us bound together
to this brotherhood
that we so desperately seek


© MajBrit Jo Arnested

Comments

Popular Posts